Question
Posted by: Danielle | 2004/12/20

What should I do?

I have used Reaccutane from 18/08 - 30/11. I was supposed to have started my period already and nothing happend, what if I am pregnant, would I be able to have a healthy baby?

Danielle, first find out whether you’re pregnant or not. You can do a home pregnancy test or have blood taken. If you’re pregnant you will have to see a gynaecologist. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Science | 2004/12/20

Firstly, do a home pregnancy test before you start stressing! If its positive, then I agree with Nix - see your gynae asap! You probably stopped taking the Roaccutane at the time of conception, but the drug would still be in your system for a month after stopping it. According to literature you would only have a 4% chance of abnormalities of the fetus, if you indeed did stop taking it before conception. But your doc will know whats best.

Reply to Science
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/20

I would suggest seeing a gynae as soon as possible. Roaccutane has very bad side effect on your unborn baby. Please see GP or gynae as soon as possible.

Reply to Nix