Question
Posted by: sarah | 2008/06/07

what should a diabetic do to lose weight

hi,i'm sarah from morocco,i'm diabetic (type 1)& i would like to know how can i lose weight?i do exercises,i don't eat fatty food,but i don't know why can't i lose weight.so please help me

Dear Sarah
I am not sure what conditions are like in Morocco, but I presume you do have hospitals or clinics where you can get assistance from qualified dietitians. I also presume that you are being treated with insulin for your diabetes?? If not, please consult a medical doctor because it is vital that you get treatment. If you do see a doctor then ask him/her to refer you to a dietitian who will work out an individual diet prescription for you to lose weight. Type 1 diabetics need to have special slimming diets worked out for them, which are based on your present weight, type of insulin you use, level of physical activity, etc. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet, you must see a dietitian.