Question
Posted by: Doda | 2008/01/09

What r my chances

My girlfriend is pregnant and she has tested negative. I want to go test but like many people i'm also afraid. What r my chances of also being negative? I know to some that sounds lame but i just want encouragement based on your experiences. Thank u

Dear Doda
The only way to determine whether you are negative is to also go for a test. Think of it this way - if you know your status and you are positive you can live a long and healthy life by starting treatment early and you won't put any future children or partners at risk of getting infected. If you are negative, you can relax and take precautions never to become positive. I know it takes lots of guts but it will be less stressful than not knowing at all and I am sure you can do it!