Question
Posted by: Lisl | 2006/10/31

What NOW?Pregnant

HI I just found out today I am pregnant, my doctor is only seeing me on 7 weeks. Where can I find out what I should eat and not eat? Please let me know Thanks

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

4
Posted by: Bear | 2006/10/31

Go to talk on the site and then to pregnancy the girls are wonderfull!

Reply to Bear
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/31

THere are quite a number of different pregnancy vitamins to choose from, Pregnavit is very good.
Folic acid is a must as vera said, you buy them at the pharmacy, they are very cheap - take one a day. They ensure the baby doesn't get spina bifida (if I'm not mistaken). Avoid all shellfood too, as it is high risk for food poisoning.
A good book to buy is "What to expect when Expecting" - not sure on the author, but you can get it at Exclusive books.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Lisl | 2006/10/31

thank you for that. Do you know about a website that Can go read about it. What prenatal vitamins should i take. I am only going to the gyne on 7 weeks. thanks

Reply to Lisl
Posted by: Vera | 2006/10/31

1st and most important, eat folic acid, u can buy at the pharmacy, not sure what the dose, i think its about 5mg.
no sushi as well. no unpateurised (spelling??) cheese and milk, lots of veggies and fruit, no alcoholl, no smoke, no cafeine even though i drink my tea every now and then. u can go online and search for it for more detail.
hope this helps, but 1st go buy folic acid, thats very important for ur baby development.

Reply to Vera