Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2008/06/09

What now?

Finally I met somebody that is my soul mate...........now I found out that we are actually long lost relatives!!!!!!!!!!! Our great grandmothers is the same person. What are the legal, medical etc stance in this case? I'm 53 - had a Hysterectomy 10 years ago - and he is 61, so there will never be any children (thinking of the genetic implications) Can somebody please help......I don't know who else to ask.

Hallo Nikki
Interesting question! The reason for not marrying close family would to prevent inbreeding problems and if this is not the issue, there is no medical reason you can't marry. I also don't think there are any legal reason why you can not marry as I think you are far enough removed by family. Just confirm with a lawyer too.
See http://www.weddingsinafrica.com/page.php?p_id=369