Question
Posted by: Chan | 2007/04/10

What milk

My little boy is 14months old and was on nan formula milk from 4 weeks, and everything was fine but when he turned a year I put him on Nestle's Nido formula not cows mil to make sure he gets all the vitamins and minerals his mody requires, the thing is he wees non-stop, I have to change his nappy almost 5 times during the night and he is so thirsty he has to have a bottle almost 5 times anight too which causes both of us to not get enough rest. And I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby so its not fun. Any advvice?

Dear Chan
Please take your son to the GP - see if you can catch some urine to take with for him to test - he may have a urinary tract infection or high sugarlevels - also ensure that you do not make the milk on too strong - it may contain higher levels of salt that will make him thirsty.
If he is healthy and if he eats well during the day, ensure that he gets in enough fluids like water, diluted fruitjuice or tea during the day. Dilute his night bottles with water more than it says on the milk container - sometimes it is just a bad habit and they drink so much because it is so nice. Try and slowly switch him over to water at night - many times they then stop waking up for milk.