Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2006/07/19

What is wrong with My Fish?

Hi, I have a grey gold fish - it looks like its one scale is falling off - but it is bleeding underneath - the blood is not running out though, its just under the skin (scales) - what is wrong with it and what can i do? i want to tale it to the vet but i am scared it will get stressed. Please help me - i am quite worried - i dont want anything to happen to it!!!

Take your goldfish to the vet in a container of the water that he is in at the moment. He may need some antibiotic treatment depending upon what your vet finds. Some vets know more about fish that others so you may call your vet and enquire as to whether they treat fish regularly or whether thay can give yo the namne of a vet who does treat fish near you.

4
Posted by: mandy | 2006/07/20

thanks a mill

Reply to mandy
Posted by: fishy | 2006/07/19

I suspect that your chlorine level is too high. Take a sample of your tank water to your petshop (preferbly a good and accredit one) and let them test it and give you medication to correct it.

What could have happended as well is that he may have hurt himself when he got a fright and hit against something in the tank. The petshop will advise you what to do. Take a photo of the fish with.

Luckily goldfish are hardy. Hope all goes well.

Reply to fishy
Posted by: Melbalina | 2006/07/19

Real smooth, Gnotto, real smooth.

Reply to Melbalina
Posted by: gnotto | 2006/07/19

It's a fish - get over it................

Reply to gnotto