Question
Posted by: good heart | 2004/11/22

what is wrong with me

Hi There I have been feeling real strange lately early in the morning when i wake up.Even when I do get enough sleep at night i feel very depressed when i wake up and I can not understand why?

HArd to tell, good heart, and the best thing to do would be to see your GP for a checkup, for a start. As Shaun says, there could be so many diferent causes. Depending on where you are, it could be something even as simple as the weather, which confuses out body's regulatory systems by getting so very hot then cooling overnight and hot again ; the quality of our sleep drops off, and we can wake feeling very unrefreshed.

2
Posted by: Me | 2004/11/22

Try to be physically active,
get hobbies that relax your mind and body,
get out the child in you,
do things you have not done before,
do things you have been postponing for years,
do things that will make you happy.
These will give you a sense of achievement and might make you feel better.
This has helped me a lot. I went through a number of psychologist for years and they would create problems where they never existed. All I need to do when I am feeling down is to do engage myself in something.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/22

Hi GH,

I would say you may need to look more deeply into this. There could be a multitude of response from such a vague concern.
Your bed could be uncomfortable. It could be too hot. You go to bed stressed out so it's still there when you get up. You may not look forawrd to go to work. You may have become bored in a routine. You may not be looking forward to certain aspects of your day. Your morning chores may take the "oomp" outta you.
There's quite a lot we can look at GH. May be the best solution is to see a shrink & get down to the actual conerns...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun