Question
Posted by: Just me | 2006/10/30

What is wrong with?

Hi Dr.

I don't recognise the person I've become. I complain about everything. I can't help myself. Before you can finish how you are doing I'll be telling you my life story. I had friends who did this & now I've become one of them. You could be telling them something & out of the blue the convensation turn to be just about them. I've realized what has happened to me & decided to cut them out & seek help. I've never been an attention seeker. Hated being nagged but now I'm one. What can I do to turn this around?

Hi, Presumably you've come under greater stress recently. See a CBT oriented counsellor, and you can sort this out

2
Posted by: Just me | 2006/10/30

Thank you Mittens. I'll try and find something to keep me busy. Started keeping a journal this weekend also.

Lord help what I'll become when I become elderly.

Reply to Just me
Posted by: Mittens | 2006/10/30

I think it's all set in the mind. Life has become very demanding over the past few years and if you are single, living on your own you might seek adult conversation and maybe the only thing that you guys can find to talk about is problems. Try and do something fun, or a hobby, something to take your mind off things.

Reply to Mittens