Question
Posted by: Amanda | 2006/03/31

What is wrong this time around????

Good Day Doc

I am struggling to fall preagnant this time around, I have a daughter of 3 years and 1 of 10 years, and I really wanted to have my last baby but this time I am struggiling.

I went to the Gynie and all tests was done for me and hubby and everything is fine, I even lost a lot of weight because I thought that is the problem, I am a healthy BMI of 25 now, but still nothing.

The Gynie put me on 2 cources of Clomid already but nothing, Please Doc I do not know what to do anymore.......

Must I ask for more Clomid, or maybe it is my thyriod, do not know what to do anymore.

Thanks Amanda

Dear Amanda

In all probabilty it is just a matter of time before you would conceive. However, I would recommend a further course or two of clomid together with ovulation monitoring and timed intercourse. Should this fail I would consider proceeding to intra uterine insemination as it is likely that the cervical canal opening of the womb may have been damaged from your last pregnancy in the event that this was a normal child birth. It is also well documented that with advancing age ovulation quantity and the quality of eggs steadily deteriorate and this may also be partly responsible for your problem.
In the extreme situations it might be necessary to induce ovulation by means other than clomid such as injectables to improve egg quality as well as the number of eggs produced.