Question
Posted by: wannabe | 2006/11/09

what is wrong?

I have tried using the ovulation calendar in order to conceive but have now run out of patience. i've been ttc for almost ten months now. i've regular periods, i've pap smear and scans and the gynae even told me i'm fine there's nothing wrong with me. My partner also went for sperm count and he seems to be fine as well. Could it be possible that i'm not ovulating according to what my ovulation calendar say and is there anyway that i can know besides using the ovulation kits? I've heard and read about clomid and would like to try it, would it affect me in anyway if i'm ovulation normally and when taking should we ttc on my normal ovulation days?My last period started on 9 oct and i was supposed to ovulate between 20 and 22 oct, we tried to conceive through those days and waited til my next period which was only a day late (7 nov, supposed to be 6 nov) to my dissapointment. i've tried everything i could think of(including putting legs up afta intercourse),i just don't know whats happening and i'm ready to give up. can you help me out DOC?

Have your doctor do a blood test to check if you are ovulating. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.

6
Posted by: Petite | 2006/11/09

I went for a Laparoscocy on the 19 May and really thought i was going to fall preggies the following month but didn't. i counted 13 days from my first day of my period and on Tuesday this week i found out that i am pregnant. So no need to give up. Have fun when making love about making a baby it will eventually come.

Good luck, and never give up.

Reply to Petite
Posted by: wannabe | 2006/11/09

i'm starting mine on day 5,i prefer to start in the morning when i get up because it's easier to remember.i'll keep you posted!!

Reply to wannabe
Posted by: Dee | 2006/11/09

Hey thats cool - we can be cycle buddies! My doc said i should start Clomid on day 4 thats why i'm starting tomorrow. When is the best time to start do you think? Morning or afternoon? Are u starting on 50mg?

Reply to Dee
Posted by: wannabe | 2006/11/09

Hi Dee
i have tried everything under the sun except clomid which i'm starting on sat. I think i should ask hubby to go for sperm count again so we can determine if it's not him. i also started my cycle on tuesday and mine is a 28 day cycle. i'll cross fingers and toes for you and hope you will have your little "bambino" as you expected.

To HO
i've tried forget and ignoring everything that has to do with falling pregnant, but it's not that easy to forget especially when you really want a baby and i am not getting any younger.

Reply to wannabe
Posted by: Dee | 2006/11/09

Hey there!
Your story sounds like mine! Also been trying 10 months now. Started a new cycle on Tuesday, i was so frustrated i could have punched something. I know i ovulated this month but something is just not working. Next steps are: hubby to go for sperm test and I start Clomid tomorrow. I'm not happy about this but i just cant understand why its not happening for us. My cycle is sort of regular between 30 -35 days and i know i do ovulate because I have been testing with those Ov test kits and i had a Day 21 prog test done which indicated ov. Have you had this done yet? I'm at a loss, just like you. Now my biggest worry is that the problem lies with hubby.....

Reply to Dee
Posted by: HO | 2006/11/09

GIVE UP and forget about getting preg, drop your charts and timing sex and you may suprise yourself.

Reply to HO