Question
Posted by: Dee Dee | 2005/06/16

What is this pain?

Dear Doc
For the past couple weeks I experience pain behind my right knee whenever I bend it at an angle (like to wash or lotion my feet). The pain has progressed seemingly but is not apparent with daily activites like walking or climbing stairs.
Additionally, I have about for the same space of time experienced a pain (knotfeeling) in the lower left side of my back. It started out on my side but I guess it's moved around?
What is this? Thank you!

Dee dee, it might be due to a pinched nerve or something like baker’ cyst. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to se your doctor. Good luck.