Question

What is this diet called?

HI,

I am currently on a 3 month diet where they weigh you every week and give you a "herba/vitaminl" injection and diet pills to eat before every meal. You plan your own meals according to calorie intake. It is high in protein and fat (not the Atkins diet) and certain veggies only. You may have cream in your coffee and not any kind of milk. Strictly no Sugar!

I am going to the far West Rand to get the injections and pills etc. They reckon it is their own diet and you wont get it anywhere else. My boyfriends mom who lives on the Eastrand has the exact same booklet and diet and that clinic claims it is their diet "and you wont find it anywhere else".

I live in the Nortcliff area and I am looking for the same diet in my area - since it seems to be all over the place. This will save me the hassle of travveling so far.

Do you know what this diet is called - so I can ask for it by name -and where I can find it?

By the way, everyone reading this... I have been on for almost 2 months now and I've lost 10.2kg! So it does work and I am very happy with it!!

Dear Anon
I think this must be 'The diet that everyone is talking about' or in Afrikaans 'Die Dieet waarvan almal praat' which is just another variation of the Atkins diet. If you ever get a chance to look at one of Dr Atkins' books and you check out the diet you will see that it is identical to what you are being told to eat. Do take care that you don't ingest too much fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, as this has a negative effect on heart health and certain types of cancer.

2
Posted by: Pam | 2007/03/27

can i go on the diet if i am planning to conceive. Ijust feel im running out of time but on the other hand, i have about 30kg's to loose. I have no self discipline whatsoever, i am so depressed i need a miracle.

Reply to Pam
Posted by: Information | 2007/03/27

the name is "The diet everyone talks about." and in afrikaans "die dieet waarvan almal praat"

www dot the-diet dot co dot za

Reply to Information