Question
Posted by: Ollie | 2007/07/28

What is this?

Hi. I have found little red spots on my skin (Stomach, back and legs). They look like little pimples, just red, and itch a lot. What could this be, and should I go to my GP??

Dear Ollie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please be so kind as to advise me about the following:

1. Duration of rash
2. Any viral symptoms accompanying this rash?
3. Did you start with any new medication?

On receipt of your reply, the matter will receive my further attention.

It does, however, sound like you have Meascles. I would suggest that you take oral anti-histamines and use Calomine Lotion for the itching of the skin.

Kind regards

3
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2007/07/29

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I am not a medical person. You really should see your doctor, especially in light of what Cyber Doc says. Measles is highly contagious and could affect an unborn child or am I thinking of German Measles.

Reply to De Bruyn
Posted by: ollie | 2007/07/28

Thanks de Bruyn. I was actually hoping for a slight bit of a more specific answer...

Reply to ollie
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2007/07/28

Could be a number of things; measles, chicken pox, scabies (which itch a lot)

Go see your GP soon

Reply to De Bruyn