Posted by: Ollie | 2007/07/28

What is this?

Hi. I have found little red spots on my skin (Stomach, back and legs). They look like little pimples, just red, and itch a lot. What could this be, and should I go to my GP??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Ollie

Thank you for visiting

Please be so kind as to advise me about the following:

1. Duration of rash
2. Any viral symptoms accompanying this rash?
3. Did you start with any new medication?

On receipt of your reply, the matter will receive my further attention.

It does, however, sound like you have Meascles. I would suggest that you take oral anti-histamines and use Calomine Lotion for the itching of the skin.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2007/07/29

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I am not a medical person. You really should see your doctor, especially in light of what Cyber Doc says. Measles is highly contagious and could affect an unborn child or am I thinking of German Measles.

Reply to De Bruyn
Posted by: ollie | 2007/07/28

Thanks de Bruyn. I was actually hoping for a slight bit of a more specific answer...

Reply to ollie
Posted by: De Bruyn | 2007/07/28

Could be a number of things; measles, chicken pox, scabies (which itch a lot)

Go see your GP soon

Good luck

Reply to De Bruyn

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.