Question
Posted by: Rose | 2005/06/01

What is the next step?

Hello you all

After 6 months of not getting my period, after I stopped Yasmin, I went to the Gynae since we are ready to become parents. The Gynae put me on Primolut N Tab for 6 months (2 pills a day) to help on menstruation. I know Primolut doesn't help you to Ovulate, thus what will be the next step? I think my Gynae wants to put me on Clomid, but I don't think I'll become pregnant anyday soon, and Clomid being expensive and all.
What is there to do? Is there maybe a pill to bring on Ovulation that the medical aid will cover? I'm with Discovery.
I jsut think it is a lot of money to pay for something that might not even help. So many woman don't fall pregnant on Clomid and I would rather spend that money on the baby room etc. And yes I know, that if I don't fall pregnant there will be no baby room to prepare.

The next step would be a drug to induce ovulation. Clomid is actually the cheapest drug in this line.

3
Posted by: Teddy | 2005/06/02

Hi Rose

I am also on clomid. I paid R71 for a one month supply of 50mg. It works out much cheaper than the pill. Please dont even try and put it on your medical aid, as they will pick up that you are on fertility treatment and might be funny about paying for your next couple of gynae appointments. (This is what my gynaes receptionist told me) Good luck and keep us posted.
xxx

Reply to Teddy
Posted by: Rose | 2005/06/01

Thank you Carine :)

I thought that Clomid would cost more. It's not at all expensive.

I see my Gynea next week.

Reply to Rose
Posted by: Carine | 2005/06/01

The Primolut will help to bring the period on. It does not help to bring on ovulation. The next step is to do a blood test on day 21 of your cycle to see if you ovulate or not. If you don't and you do want to start a family, you should stop the Primolut and ask for something to bring on ovulation like Clomid or Clomihexal. Medical Aids do not cover fertility drugs like Clomid. It's about R100 for one months supply. Not too bad... Good Luck! Carine xx

Reply to Carine