Question
Posted by: Kwagga | 2008/01/30

what is the difference

What is the difference between a chiropractor, physiotherapist
and an occupational therapist?
My husbands shoulder was broken when he was delivered at birth, his muscle at at top of his arm, shoulder and back area have never developed properly so he has little use with it 28years later,
we would like to send him for therapy to strengthen those muscels
before he has no use at all in them, to whom should we go?

Dear Kwagga
A chiropractor works on the alignment of the spine
A Physiotherapist works on the muscles and soft tissues to treat things like infection, inflammation, spasms, misalignment etc
An occupational therapist looks at the work/actions the patient needs to do and develops specific exercises/ hobbies/actions to strenghten that particular function, also provides aids to assist weakened limbs for instance to make actions easier. Teaches the patient new ways of doing things.
A biokineticist is a "medical" gym instructor that develops exercises for specific muscle groups and monitors the progress.
Your husband would benefit from going to a biokineticist to strengthen the muscles and an occupational therapist to assist him with special exercises or hobbies to keep the muscles strong.

2
Posted by: Anerie | 2016/05/30

Medical gym instructor? For a "dr" you sure are behind with what other medical professionals do..

Reply to Anerie
Posted by: wbondarmunw | 2008/05/04

Hello!
I hankering that chose the decent subdivision of it for asking your prepare doubts, if not, sorry.
I do not least many times go to the forums. And my, my assuredly is what is:
How do you notion of how moment the conundrum of toll increases, and whether it is plausible far-reaching shock,
the deed data that already incident, namely: Rising grub guerdons has transformed subsistence into an ecumenical partisan issue.
Riots prepare erupted in Egypt, Haiti and Bangladesh in excess of soaring subsistence charges.
People fought one another remaining bags of rice in West Africa.
The causes and the solutions to the stuffs calamity are complex.
Iif not finical and you make your theory on this, entertain come back, I am undoubtably interested to pick up your notion.
See you later!
P.S. Sorry for my english.

Reply to wbondarmunw