Question
Posted by: Sophie | 2008/01/10

What is TEAT syndrome?

Hi, i have been experiencing chest pains for a few weeks now and visited my doctor about 2 weeks ago. He did ECG and blood tests and they were clear. He said he thinks i have Teat syndrome. He prescribed Tramacet, 2 3-times per day. However, i took 2 once after a meal and vomitted about 7 times. I spoke to the pharmacist and he suggested to halve my dose. However the pain is still there. What is teat syndrome? and what causes it? What medication can i take to get rid of it?

Hi Sophie
I think you mean Tietze syndrome - it is a painful inflammation of the chest wall thought to be caused by viral infection. Try taking an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen 400 mg after meals instead of the Tramacet. You can add Dolorol Forte to this if this does not help enough alone. Just make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients first.
See also http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/691/main.html

1
Posted by: dee | 2008/02/21

when I wear a bra, it is so painful under the breast and armpit and rib cage,directly under arm pit on both sides very tender

Reply to dee