Question
Posted by: Pixel | 2004/02/24

What is spotting?

I'm trying to get pregnant but I always heare people talking about spotting?
What is spotting?
When does it occur?
Do you always spot when you're pregnant?
What colour is spotting? Bright red or brownish colour?

Pixel

Spotting is light bleeding. It may be red or brownish.
Some women have an implantation bleed when they fall pregnant. This occurs about 10 days after fertilisation, thus just before the expected period. I would suggest that you wait 3-4 days. If your period has not started properly, do a pregnancy test.

2
Posted by: Pixel | 2004/02/25

I'm trying to get pregnant.
I had intercourse from 10Feb to 12 Feb. I was ovulating during this time.
I was suppose to get my period yesterday. But nothing yet. But the whole of ysterday and today I had like a light brown, dark yellow discharge. Not a lot, but I did notice it on my panty liner. I was just wondering if that was implantation.

Pixel

Reply to Pixel
Posted by: ciska | 2004/02/25

Hi Pixel,

Spotting is a brownish dischage coming from your vagina. It sometimes happen when you start the pill. I'm not sure about spotting in pregnancy though I heard people said it might be implantation bleeding. So if you get spotting in the first few weeks of your pregnancy, I think it's normal. However, when you bleed during pregnancy you should see your doctor a.s.a.p.

If you get a brownish colour when finishing-off your period, that's the same colour from spotting. I got spotting from starting the pill, but it was only for a day.

No need to worry when you get spotting. As long as it is not smelly, then your fine.

Good luck. Hope I was a help. :-)

Reply to ciska