Question
Posted by: Wine | 2003/03/14

what is right?

I have more fat than muscle and I would like to loose the fat and build more muscle. How should I go about doing this? I have read that before one can build muscle, she has to loose the fat first because muscle will build on that fat. But again, I've read that building muscle burns fat faster. Which one is true, because I'm starting to get depressed over my weight. What is the right way to build muscle adn burn fat at the same time?

EXERCISE!!! Cardiovascular exercise and Weight training. Both will help to burn fat and the weight training in particular will help to build a little muscle. I suggest you try War on Wobbles or Shape up for Summer, 2 exercise programmes I designed which you will find on the home page.
Muscle tissue burns up more energy than fat tissue so as you exercise and get rid of fat, and build muscle, so your metabolic rate will increase and you should lose more fat.
But, please combine this with healthy eating.