Question
Posted by: Lynette | 2007/05/22

What is producing the hormones?

Hi Doc, In 1994 I had a full hysterectomy, both ovaries and my uterus were removed. In the begining I use to get a hormone in-plant every 3 months, I started stretching it to 2x a year because of the cost. I have not had an in-plant or any other hormone replacement for more the 1 year, yet me hormone ( Oestrogen and Progesterone ) levels are normal according to my doctor
( blood tests were done ).
How is this possible, what is producing the hormones if I don't have ovaries?

It is possible that a small amount of ovarian tissue was left behind and this is still functioning.