Question
Posted by: Henda | 2005/01/10

What is my ideal weight?

I am a 31 year old woman. My length is 1,65m. I have a medium bone structure.

What is my ideal weight?

Dear Henda
To have an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 60 kg.

1
Posted by: idealist | 2005/01/10

You have to give your weight. Then you calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI) as follows:
weight (in kg) divide my your height squared.

Your height squared is (1.65 x 1.65 = 2.7225)
So if your weight is 50kg and your height squared is 2.7225 then 50 divide by 2,7225 = 18.36.

A normal BMI is between 20 and 25, anything under 20 is classified as underweight and anything 25 and up is overweight. You hit obesity at a BMI of 30.

My advice however is that everybody is different. We all have hugfely differing bone structures and body types. I am for example at a BMI if 17 which is way underweight, and I am also 5 months pregnant, but for my petite build I am doing just fine. My doctor is just fine with this.

Hope this helps.

Reply to idealist