Posted by: nb | 2008/10/15

What is my body asking for

Good morning
Please help... I have hit a wall and can not get around it. I am a healthy 33 year old, that gets enough sleep, eats realitively well, limits alcohol, has not been out for a night on the town for ages and have started excercising about 3 months ago (25 minutes 5 x week). I do have a highly stressful job but it has maintained at the same pace for the last 8 months. I recently in an effort to loose some weight have started cutting out junk, fatty food and have lowered my calories.
Monday was a normal day I got up and went for my morning walk, jumped in the shower and then started my hours drive to work... on the way I almost fell asleep behind the wheel twice and the entire day battled to keep my eyes open. I even resorted to a bioplus which didn' t help. It felt as if I had taken a sleeping pill and I am still batteling. I am constantly exhausted and weak, have not been able to excercise since Monday.
I had my blood pressure checked it was slightly low but not enough to cause this exhaustion... what do you think my body is lacking?

Dear nb
I don't think this is caused by a shortage of anything, you may have developed low bloodsugar as you may be eating too little at the moment? Try eating small volumes of low GI food every 4 hours (like 2 provitas and low fat cheese and an apple at ten and three for a snack in between your meals) You also may have a slight viral infection, so watch out for symptoms of fever and flu.