Question
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/04

What is menstruation

Hi; i just want 2 know what is menstruation?I over heard my mum talking to my sister about it.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Jeremy,

a good website that describes what menstruation is www.kidshealth.org the specific website address is:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/girls/menstruation.html

Hope this is helpful

16
Posted by: Little P | 2004/11/18

At what point during a period, is the unfertalized egg released. Is there an average such as the egg will be out by the second day of my period? Or do all womens eggs come out on the same day of the period???

Reply to Little P
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/05

Oh the test went well.I think my mum might be shy 2 talk 2 me about sex as im a boy & its easier 4 her 2 talk 2 my sister then me????

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/05

I think me and Romy explained just about every thing on that topic to you bud.

How was the Geography exam/test?

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/05

Hi; any body wants to explain to me further about menstruation & other related issues???

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/04

Pleasure hun, and good luck for that test tomorrow.

And dont worry too much about Mum. I'm sure she has it in mind to explain these things to you.

I will definately be here tomorrow at two.

CHEERS BABE

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/04

Thanks alot 4 eveything...okay i have 2 go & study now.Im writing geography tomorrow.I will come on the net tomorrow at about 2pm...I hope you will be able 2 also come on the net then we can talk.Okay you find a website where i can read about sex...don't worry i won't go out & have sex i will masturbate.If i think of any questions tonight, im will ask you tomorrow to explain me?
Okay have a nice day & thanks 4 helping me out
Bye (",)

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/04

Yes there are plenty books you can buy out there. Any CNA or exclusive books will have them. There is also loads of information on the internet, which is right at the click of a button. I will search for some good sites tonight and let you know about them tomorrow.

If you are ejaculating you can definately make a girl pregnant. Just remember you are only 13, and i feel way too young to start experimenting with sex. It is totally natural to masturbate as well, and yes girls do it too.

Even though i dont know you, i am proud you're asking about this. Its shows that you're maturing. A males body is fully matured by the time he is 18. So you have plenty of time to learn.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/04

Romy, you & Paris seem are very helpful people, i wish i had a mum like the two of you.My mum has not told me anything about sex...How old are you Romy?My mum always says that she's going 2 the gynae, who is a gynae...seen the name on this site also???If i wear a condom then a girl can't get pregnant & also i will not get aids???

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/04

Thanks Paris, atleast i now know what menstruation is.Don't worry i have not yet had sex, i only masturbate now & then.
Do girls also masturbate?I have seen condoms, a friend of mine got some from the toilet at school.
Ejaculation/sperm started coming out from my body about 4 months ago but i already heard friends talking about it.At what age will i fully mature?Can i buy a book about sex like some of my friends have & where can i get one from.If im ejaculating now does that mean i can make a girl pregnant?

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: Romy | 2004/11/04

Also Jeremy, your mom and sister will have their period once a month for only 4-5 days like Paris said. She does not bleed every day, only once every 28 days or so.

Just respect your mom and sis having periods they might be moddy or teary but remember they cant help it, it is the hormones (mood changing controllers in the body) that make them like this they can even seems angry or snappy towards you for no reason. As i said it is totally and utterly natural and there is nothing funny or embarrassing about it.

If you have any more questions i am sure Paris wont mind answering them and i really dont either, i know it is a bit awkward.

Romy

P.S. like Paris said, ALWAYS USE A CONDOM (",)

Reply to Romy
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/04

Ok, here is a short version.

When a man and a woman have sex, the man will ejaculate in the lady (ie ejaculate means to orgasm) this is totally natural, and when done in a loving relationship is very beautiful. Only when a woman is ovulating can a woman fall pregnant. At this time the woman at her most fertile stage. The mans sperm then travels up to her egg and fertilizes the egg. And wham bam, a baby is created.

Now....

If that egg does not get fertalized when a woman is ovulating then the egg washes away (this is when she has her period) thus, like Romy explained the need for tampons and Pads.

Your period usually stops at about 45 (I think) so it's likely that your mom will still get her period. Also when i woman gets sterilized then she will no longer have her period (sterilization means when a lady can no longer have children)

But now i must stress the importance of having safe sex. Once you start experimenting with sex (hopefully when you are older) you must always wear a condom. Condoms look like a little plasic bag, but its made from rubber. Its fits snuggley over your penis, so that when you have sex and you ejaculate, it gets caught in the little bag (that's the best i can explain it)

Also getting a girl pregnant should not be your only concern. You also should worry about AIDS and Sexually transmitted Diseases (there are loads of these around).

ALWAYS ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM.

Does this explain in a way that you understand?

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/04

I don't want 2 ask my mum.I feel more comfortable asking you.Okay i know a little about sex,.usually i pick up everything about sex from school.You have sex 2 get a baby...
You could explain 2 me the way "mum" would explain.How is sex & periods related?Okay so now i know why my mum buys those pads now & then when we go shopping; so my mum also gets periods?

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/04

Hi there,

It is not sore when you bleed, however you do get period pains (its like stomach cramps) some woman will get them more severly than others.

There is not much more i can tell you about periods. I am 25 years old. Do you know any thing about intercourse (sex) because it is all linked?

I understand you feel shy talking to your mom about this. But i am sure she will understand why you want to know and will be all too happy to explain it to you.

If you still not comfy talking to your mom, then i'll chat to you a bit more about this subject, but i first need to know how much you know.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Romy | 2004/11/04

It is not painful at all Jeremy

The pads your mother is buying for your sister is for the bleeding. You can either use Tampons which look like bullets and they go in the vagina to absorb the bleeding, they dont hurt either. You actually dont feel them at all when they up there. The pads are to protect your underwear as if you choose not to use tampons the bleeding will stain your underwear an might go show through your pants/skirt which can be embarrassing so that what pads are there for.

If you do see blood on your sisters pants dont make an issue of it to her rather speak to your mom and tell her as if you tell your sister she might get upset and embarrassed as some girls get emotional and teary before or when they menstruate.

Menstruation or commonly known as periods is extremely natural and not anything disgusting or even funny for that matter. If you use pads it is basically a continuous trickle of blood onto the pad and with tampons it does not trickle or leak as it does not have a chance to because the tampon absorbs the blood before it can leave or go onto the underwear.

I understand you might feel embarrassed about asking your mom as it is a sensitive issue but if you go about it in a adult way (no laughing, teasing or mocking women) i guarentee your mom and sister will respect you ALOT and ALOT.

Hope you understand better.

Romy (17)

Reply to Romy
Posted by: Jeremy | 2004/11/04

Paris; is it painful when you bleed?Thats why i see my mum buying those pad things when we go shopping.I heard my mum telling my sister how to use them.I'm 13 years old, how old are you.Im a bit shy 2 ask my mum what it ease thats why im here asking.
What else can you tell me about menstruation????

Reply to Jeremy
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/04

It is when a womans body washes away unfertalized eggs. This causing her to bleed once a month. Usually for 3-4 days but can bleed for up to 7 days. In the event of a woman falling pregnant she will not have her period until the birth of her baby (ie period means when she bleeds)

I suggest you have your mum and/or sister talk to you about this, as this is only a small fraction on what they should talk to you about. If you need to know any more i will try my best to help you out.

Take care Jeremy.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS