Question
Posted by: Jaydie | 2003/01/21

What is Kama Sutra?<br>

I know it sounds stupid, but what is Kama Sutra? I can read between the lines that it has got something to do with sex, but what exactly?

Kama has long been revered as the Hindu God of Love. Similar to Cupid, Kama has a bow that shoots love-producing arrows. The term "Kama" itself can be translated as love, pleasure and sensual gratification.

A "Sutra" is a collection of concise statements, a narrative or manual, written so they might be more easily memorized. In the case of Kama Sutra, scripture-like advice provides guidance not only on succeeding in the arts of love and sex (for which the book is most known), but also on attaining virtue and wealth. Providing sexual union and harmony between lovers through the use of the senses and erotic techniques. This age-old manual transcends time and has served as the inspiration for many philosophies and products.

Many centuries ago, women were taught at puberty the ancient are of sacred sexuality. Scented oils and fragrances were used to enhance the senses and sexual pleasure. Bathing, massaging, and even feeding each other food such as fruit can be considered erotic foreplay.

Learning the techniques of the Kama Sutra for the giving of pleasure and the receiving of a sacred orgasm was merely a prelude for the many positions available. The various positions created a special mood while stimulating different erogenous zones to heighten sensitivity.

The purpose: to achieve orgasm and in turn share each other's essence while being elevated to a higher spiritual level. After an intense orgasm, we feel like we are in another dimension of time. The elevation to this higher level brought you closer to God. What a euphoric feeling!

As you practice the ancient art of lovemaking, you become aware of the sensations of skin touching skin, the sound of each breath, feeling your heartbeat while being mindful of the muscular tension that leads to an orgasmic state.

Sexual health is an essential part of health if we are to live a balanced life with heaven and earth. Our sexuality is an essential key, rather than an obstacle, with our connection with God.

Embracing the sacred and sexual contradicts the "sex is sin" stigma our Western culture has imposed upon us. Practicing the teachings of Kama Sutra while indulging in its lavish products can be as stimulating to the mind as to the body.

Dr Elna McIntosh

14
Posted by: Vetrix | 2003/01/22

hey dont forget you share that title with me, yea got a couple of new ones but they just to many to remember.
Lancelot has been keeping me laughing while you where away, i just dont know where he gets it all from but damn its funny!

Reply to Vetrix
Posted by: PG | 2003/01/22

TWO MONTHS!!!??? I shudder to think what you must have been getting up to in that time!

Reply to PG
Posted by: PG | 2003/01/22

I think we had this debate before, Vetrix, & you have been dicedely snotty in some of your recent postings, for which you have picked up your fair share of flak. It's me all right, I think that other guy was just a morning glory who lost interest after a while. I've been on holiday & working & am really back only now. Are you still a parasite? won any other interesting titles recently? etc.

Reply to PG
Posted by: Toy-Boy | 2003/01/22

I'm very well thanks. Also had a bit of long leave. Two months to be exact.

Reply to Toy-Boy
Posted by: Vetrix | 2003/01/22

Well then ive been wondering what happend to you PG, where's the ... after the PG or are you not the same PG, well you cant be PG... cause he knows my comments are not snotty. Just kidding, whats up man, welcome back.

Reply to Vetrix
Posted by: PG | 2003/01/22

Did indeed thanx, Toy-Boy. You've been quiet yourself lately, how are you?

Reply to PG
Posted by: Toy-Boy | 2003/01/22

Welcome back PG ... trust you had a good holiday.

Reply to Toy-Boy
Posted by: PG | 2003/01/22

1. Hi Doc & all the others, I'm back, & how are you all?

2. You said you'd be teaching in New York in Jan & Feb - are you actually posting your pearls of wisdom to us from there?

3. I think with respect that the above is one of the better of your normally excellent answeres and illustrates the value of a forum such as this.

4. And Vetrix, no snotty remarks from you please!

Reply to PG
Posted by: man | 2003/01/22

sorry make that www.kalahari.net oh and <br> is break some computers add it in

Reply to man
Posted by: man | 2003/01/22

If you goto a book store say exclusive books or even if you goto www.kalaharinet.com you can get books on karma sutra

Reply to man
Posted by: Sexpot | 2003/01/21

Hmm. Sounds very interesting, thank you Doc. I am a very sensual person + just looove sex with my hubby. To us sex is sacred, given by God to be enjoyed + is a wonderful bonding agent between a couple. I am 54 hubby 57 + still madly in love after 31 yrs. We still explore sex + enjoy our explorations. Please tell us where we can find out more about the subject - books, videos whatever. Regards.

Reply to Sexpot
Posted by: Jaydie | 2003/01/21

Hi Sangoma

Have no idea, I did not type <br> behind my question.... I might have pushed a "wrong button"?

Jaydie

Reply to Jaydie
Posted by: Sangoma | 2003/01/21

Jaydie, excuse my ignorance but what does <br> mean?

Reply to Sangoma
Posted by: Cole | 2003/01/21

Hi Jaydie

Kamasutra is where one would explore the art of sex in a unique way.
It also defines the number of different positions available for us to explore.

Kamasutra is the best way of sexual exploration in today's time.

I hope that helps you at least.

Cole

Reply to Cole