Question
Posted by: jako | 2007/03/20

what is ivfand proccess

What is an ivf, how much does it cost, how much chances of me getting pregnent. one tube is ubnormal and the one was cut of during my optopic pregnancy oparetion.

I hope that the other respondents have helped. The success rate is in the region of 30% percycle and the cost varies from R25 000 upwards.

3
Posted by: 1st time mom | 2007/03/20

For more info go to the fertility clinic in Sandton-Medferm they have specialist that do the IVF. I was also going to do it with them but fortunately by God's miracles fell pregnant before going thru the process. The costs are from R35000 to R45000 quite expensive but most people say it's worth it as the success rate is quite high.

Reply to 1st time mom
Posted by: Tracey1616 | 2007/03/20

Chance of a successful pregnancy is approximately 15% for each IVF cycle, although selected clinics are now able to claim rates up to 50% per cycle

Reply to Tracey1616
Posted by: Tracey1616 | 2007/03/20

In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a technique in which egg cells are fertilised by sperm outside the woman's womb. IVF is a major treatment in infertility when other methods of achieving conception have failed. The process involves hormonally controlling the ovulatory process, removing ova (eggs) from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilise them in a fluid medium. The fertilised egg (zygote) is then transferred to the patient's uterus with the intent to establish a successful pregnancy.

Reply to Tracey1616