Question
Posted by: confused | 2004/10/12

What is his problem

My hubby has had a mixed up life. Ever so often he gets the need to move on (to what even he doesn't know). How do you discuss a problem when all he says is he doesn't know what he wants or what the problem is? I don't know how many more times I can go through this with him but I can't leave him. His mom and dad went through a weird divorce where they were friend and then be came enemies. He was used as a porn to spy and has to listen to his parents complaining about each other even now that they are apart. They Have no active interest in his life and I feel this is part of his problem.
Why does hes feel the need to mess up something so good?
I hope you can give me some advise.

You know, confused, counselling is an excellent wayfor him to understand and discover what he wants, and what the problem might be ( and it's much cheaper than all that moving !). The problem with these geographical moves that arise from someone feeling vaguely unhappy, is that you go to all that trouble, and then the first thing you unpack, is that unhappiness. And people who have been brought up in such a way as to come to believe that they don't deserve happiness, tend, without understanding it, to spoil it when things are going well, as they feel they don't deserve it. Counselling is the best solution.

1
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/13

Perhpas his problem stems from his childhood. Why don't you suggest he speak to a counsellor.

Reply to Shirls