Question
Posted by: M.M | 2004/10/15

What is fertility treatment

HI!! Doc
Is this fetility treatment my last option? and which govenment hospital must i go to, Well they help me if i pay in cash cause i do not have a medical aid and how mush does it cost.

Coronation Hospital in Newlands(Johannesburg) does not do it, because it is where i had my oporations and doctors told me to seek more infomation on line or private gynae.

Private fertility specialist do accept cash. Most government hospitals do not offer a comprehensive fertility service you can phone up the big ones in your area to find out.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/17

Try phoning various government hospitals and find out if any offer fertility treatment and what you would have to pay.
Maybe ask your doctor for some recommendations too.
Hope you can find help!
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/15

You can see a fertiilty specialist. there are various fertility clinics in and around JHB. There are various fertility treaments such as artificial insemination, invitro fertilisation etc. Once you consult with the specialist, he will tell you what your options are. PRices vary with diferent clinics. medical aid does not pay for fertiilty treatment. The prices vary between R3000 and could go as high as R30 000, depending on what procedures are done.

Reply to Shirls