Question
Posted by: Ella | 2004/09/27

What is average weight of baby at 31 weeks?

What is the average weight of a baby when you are 31 weeks pregnant?

I went for my checkup last week and baby was already weighing 2.2kilo's....is that alot?

I went to read some baby development websites and most babies on there should weigh around 1.8 kilo's around 31 weeks.

Dr confirmed that everything is fine. Heartbeat is great and everything else.

should I be worried about anything?

Ella

I would not worry. The weights you quoted are average and there will be variations.

10
Posted by: Helen nelson | 2016/04/01

An unborn foetus that weighs 1.6 kg at 7 months is it normal?

Reply to Helen nelson
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/18

My baby at just under 32 weeks is weighing abt 2.1kg and I am rather concerned as was told that this is average weight for 34week old baby. Started wondering if dating / gestational age was correct.

Posted by: dhanish | 2015/12/28

My 32 weeks baby weight is1459+-218grams is it normal

Reply to dhanish
Posted by: Ella | 2004/09/28

Hello Lynne

Yes, I'm with Dr van Wyk! Phew great memory!

He is fantastic! We are about 8 woman who goes to him.
He is very good!

Thanks for the kind words!

Ella

Reply to Ella
Posted by: Lynne | 2004/09/27

Ella,

Yes, if you are with Dr Christie van Wyk (which I seem to recall) you have nothing to worry about. He was my gynae too, when I was still living in the Western Cape, and - my God - he is really brilliant. One of the best in the field.

You are having a Sagitarius baby. They are strong and healthy (but strong-willed and contrary, with very strong personalities. Always want their own way. And they love water). He will bring you much joy, inner peace and pride.

Please keep us posted !!!!

Take Care
Lynne

Reply to Lynne
Posted by: Norma | 2004/09/27

My boy was 2.2kg's at 32weeks. And 3.8kg's at birth.
As long as your baby is growing and healthy.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kate | 2004/09/27

It is a normal weight, especially for a boy. Bear in mind that the scans can say up to 2 kilos more than the baby is. When my stillborn baby boy was delivered he weighed 3.2kilos but the scan the week before said he was 3.4kilos.

I wouldn't stress, sounds like he is growing well. Take great care and love those movements, they are a sign of a healthy baby!!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Ella | 2004/09/27

Yes, I'm having a boy.

I had a stillborn last year. So I'm following this little one's growth day by day. He is much more active than the previous one.

It feels like he is trying to work his way out of my body!

Ella

Reply to Ella
Posted by: Olla | 2004/09/27

No I was 2.1kg on 31 weeks and I can feel the little bambino growing by the minute. I wont be suprised if I get a 2.5kg reading this week. They get heavier very quickly in the last weeks.
Lynne
Why do you ask if its a boy? Do they weigh more?

Reply to Olla
Posted by: Lynne | 2004/09/27

No, the placenta is obviously very healthy. It is probably a boy?

Reply to Lynne