Question
Posted by: no name | 2006/10/30

What is abuse?

When I was 16 I started having a relationship with a teacher I had a crush on, he was 28. I was madly in love with him and to be honest I started it. I knew he was gay but he wasn't open about it and he even tried to stop it but I was determined to have sex with him. If I started it all off, is that still abuse? I'm now almost 26 but I want to know, I don't mean him any harm in fact I miss him sometimes (he went to another school and then we lost contact before he vanished alltogether). I sometimes wish I was older when we met so that we could have a relationship, I think I still love him and if I could I would see him again. So what do I make of this?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi No Name, welcome to the forum and thanks for this post.

From a legal perspective this was abuse, in spite of your feelings and even if you initiated the interaction.