What is a Sexual Predator?

My husband works with this woman who goes after men who are unavailable. She is aggressive and likes to control everyone. She constantly swears and likes to talk about sex to everyone but when she wants she can be so sweet. Up until now she has not bee able to sustain any long term relationships. She is 35 and would like to settle down. Needless to say, early last year she went after my husband. It was a very difficult time for me but I am very happy to say that our marriage survived 100%. We have been together for 20 wonderful years and we are even closer now. We both went to see a therapist to help me deal with the situation. The therapist said she was a " sexual predator"  and said it would be better not to work with her which is impossible so he gave my husband advice on how to put up boundaries in order to work together.
He has put boundaries in place but in my mind I think that she is still trying. Tonight a few of them in the company (including her) left to go overseas for a week on business and I feel freaked out. My husband says that it is all in mind as it is strictly business but I am imagine the worst. Nothing happened between them at all so why do I feel so insecure and also what is a sexual predator?

SHe sounds rather predatory, selfish and controlling, and someone who any sensible people would avoid. She won't manage to achieve any long-term relationship until she sorts herself out and stops her objectionable behaviours. Congratulations to you and your husband on the sense to see a therapist together and to plan how to resist and avoid this masty woman. Don't be surprised that she still tries to get to him --- she may consider these barriers as challenges, and is probably not used to being frustrated or blocked. But it sounds as though your huband fully recognizes her risks and tactics, and he should be able to resist her. Besides, she will presumably have other targets to try for.

Posted by: SR | 2008/09/22

So your husband is on the trip too? Will be interesting to see what rumours develop when they return

Reply to SR