Question
Posted by: lilie | 2005/11/22

what is a code 3

i cannot find the car forum, even after searching.

as far as i can remember, AA said a code 3 car is one which has been written off and later it was rebuild into a functioning car.

this is stressing me.

now the sales agent is pushing me to buy the car. he says theres not such a thing as a code 3. is it possible that he is not aware, even if hes been selling cars for years.

,,,,,,

8
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/23

283300 km's ? Sound a bit much hey??? Why not rather invest in one of those Opel Corsa's they advertise for R899 per month. At least you'll be getting a brand new car and not something that will cost you an arm and a leg over time...

Reply to ASP
Posted by: lilie | 2005/11/23

thanks very much for the info. i appreciate.

yesterday, i saw a mazda 626,1991 with 283 300km selling for 19 000. i went for a test drive and it sounds ok. it has electric windows, gear lock and its code 2. the owner says he will show me all the papers if i want to buy it.

i want the technician to check it first

Reply to lilie
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/11/22

Also a stolen car and reregistered legally but the cops do still detain you for some time until all is verfied. Do not touch it

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: lilie | 2005/11/22

thanks, i feel relieved now.

i will buy a code 1 (new car) or code 2 (used car, thats not a rebuilt).

thanks brothers

Reply to lilie
Posted by: blackbird | 2005/11/22

DONT touch a code 3 car. and it does say on the reg papers that it has been a code 3 car. Nobody will finance a code 3. And one day when you want to sell it nobody would want it.

STAY AWAY FROM CODE 3 !!!!

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/22

Also, if memory serves, you can't get finance for a code 3 either.

Reply to ASP
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/22

Code 3 is in fact a rebuilt car yes. Sound advice is to not buy it, espesially if the sales man which has been selling cars for years tells you that there is no such thing as a code 3. He's bullshitting you!!!

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/22

I am not sure, but i almost think they talk about code 3, but it doesnt show on the papers.

But i'm sucking thumb here..LOL

Reply to Delene