Question
Posted by: Gell | 2004/11/10

What is...

FitnessDoc

What is OCTOPAMINE HCL and what positive & negative effects does it have?
Will it assist me with weight loss? How fast / slow will i see any results - combined with exercise and healthy eating plan of course!

ThanX

Hi Gell

It's a fat loss supplement, which is advertised as having these miraculous results for fat loss. Very briefly, it is supposed to work by stimulating the breakdown of fat, by replacing or adding to the body's natural hormones which usually perform this function. I've yet to see scientific evidence for this though, so at the moment, it's just a theory with nothing at all to support. The only places to find information on it is in advertisements, which are extremely biased and so can't really be trusted.

So, whether it will work or not, I don't know, and can't answer, unfortunately. I do think that exercise and healthy eating will help you though, and in that case, I don't see that you will need the supplement especially if you are just starting out with your training and diet - you should give it a few months to work first.