Question
Posted by: Rade | 2007/08/15

What happened to Rade

If anyone wondered what happened to Rade...

Rade came out to his parents. They did not accept it.
Rade reached ultimate deepness and tried to commit suicide. He would have been dead if his boyfriend did not find him in time.

He is still at University but I am afraid that his days there, and on earth, is counted.

Rade should start posting again sometime soon if the 'locals' would want him back.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

A very warm welcome back to you Rade.... I have wondered why you've been so quiet so its great to hear from you again.

If possible please phone me at Triangle Project on 021 448 3812 during office hours - I'd really like to chat with you.

Warmest regards,
Glenn

12
Posted by: ... | 2007/08/16

Oh Honey! You need some professional help! Call the Expert, like he offered?

Reply to ...
Posted by: TeenQueen | 2007/08/16

I've been wondering where you went.
Believe me when I say suicide is a waste of time. Here you can use that time to work out your issues to better your mental health.
I really hope that your parents come round. A few groupsessions at a good counsellor might prove to be a good exersize for you and your parents.
Keep on posting here. We're here to help
;-)

Reply to TeenQueen
Posted by: Tammy | 2007/08/16

Yeah Rade, hang in there. We are all concerned for you. You got more buddies here than you know.

T

Reply to Tammy
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/08/16

Hey Fellow,
You want us to shit you out or what! Why you been hiding when your'e in crisis mode? This is what this forum is all about. There's no such thing as being wanted or not......certainly not here!
Come and chat with us when you're up to it....in the mean time, don't do anything rash, and hang in.....there's far more to life. Don't hassle about what your folks think...and if I recall, you were always expecting this sort of outcome anyway? Your happiness is what it's all about...not living someone elses life. Figure this....if all of us pleased our parents and waited till they kicked it, we'd have to have clubs for the wrinkly's!! Cheer up then, and stop by soon! :-)

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Spiderman | 2007/08/16

hey rade buddie stay strong! biiiiiiiggggggg hug from me to you!

things does get better....trust me!!!!

luv, M

Reply to Spiderman
Posted by: Nikki | 2007/08/16

RADE!!!!

Dont be selfish buddy. You are who you are and no one will accept you unless you accept yourself.

Parents dont just accept, that is what parents do. Choosing the "easy way out" is not who Rade is now is it?

Come on chappy, there is WAY TOO MUCH for you do to and if you love your boyfriend dont do this to him.

Parents will come round as soon as Rade is back on top of his game being who he is and loving who he his.

Start talking buddy, we are waiting to hear from you

XXXXXXXXX
Nikki

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: Ferny | 2007/08/16

Hi Rade!

Please, please DON'T do anything rash!! I can only imagine that it is VERY tough at the moment.

I also know there are no guarantees that things will be the same for you but to give you just a bit of hope let me tell you about Stef's fiance/partner. He came out to his parents in 1st year varsity, they also did not accept it and although he continued to live at home things were very strained with all sorts of ridiculous rules etc. In 3rd year he met Stef and things got very serious and when his parents found out they basically kicked him out by giving him an ultimatum, give up Stef or get out!

As you may remember he moved out and he and Stef moved in together with our love & support. Almost a year later things have changed quite incredibly. Charl's parents have obviously realised that their son is happy and that this IS HIS LIFE. Stef & Charl now see his parents regularly, have meals with them etc. It's been a long hard road..........but things are slowly coming right.

It is very early days for your parents too. I am NOT condoning their behaviour BUT they may need time to process it all. Not everyone can be like my husband and i and you have to remember that MOST people are conditioned to what society "expects" and "considers" "normal". We all know that what they believe is a "crock of sh*t but it takes time and education to change peoples perceptions!!

I don't know exactly what transpired when you told your parents but if there is still communication lines open maybe you could consider getting some literature for them to read. (Expert will help you with that) It cannot do any harm.

For yourself PLEASE get to a counsellor if at all possible. You need to think of yourself and process everything that has happened. Don't try to end it all.........you have a meaningful place on this earth and your whole life ahead of you!

Please talk to us as often as you need to. We are all here for you!!

Love and hugs - Ferny :-)

Reply to Ferny
Posted by: Gareth | 2007/08/16

Most importantly, you have done it all, and survived it, because here you are. It is never easy and I am sure you still feel like sh*t most of the time. But you are a survivor. It can only get better from here on. Well done on being strong, even if you do feel like giving it all up sometimes. And, all our days are numbered. You stood up for your own happiness, even with the risk of "losing it all", and that is one of the strongest personal trates that there is. So keep that chin up buddy, and now focus on healing and getting your happiness back. The best we all can do when life knocks us down is to get up, pick up the pieces and carry on. You can do that too, you have proven it. Now, we'll hear from you soon again.

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/08/16

Hi Rade. I hope your next post is under the heading “The Resurrection of Rade”. Keep well

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Tiara | 2007/08/16

Good to have you back bud - a big warm hug for you.

Reply to Tiara
Posted by: Chameleon_boy | 2007/08/15

Rade, babes please no... come back to us... i know or rather can imagine how u must feel as the same thing will happen to me when i come out... please dont do anything rash...

think of you

all my love

chamboy XXX

Reply to Chameleon_boy
Posted by: Brad | 2007/08/15

Yikes! Get Rade back here ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Brad