Posted by: Happy | 2012/11/21

What happened to me?

Hi doc, the strangest and scariest thing happened to me last night, I thought I was literally going to die.

I had just eaten supper when my head started to feel weird... my ears felt like they were burning, and honestly I felt like really drunk or really high on painkillers or something. My heart was racing and I felt really weak and disorientated. I went to sit outside it didn''t help. There was an increase in startle reflect, I was googling what could have been wrong with me but I couldn''t focus or even remember what I had just read. My left leg was slightly twitchy and my eyes were red and heavy. There was no swelling, redness or itching on any part of my body.

The only thing I am allergic to are bees, and my boyfriend did just happen to find one on the floor, with no sting, but we couldn''t find any place that I could have been stung and I know it STINGS when you are stung, so I don''t know if that was it.

I took a couple of anti histamines and went to bed, hoping for the best.

This morning my heart beat is still faster than usual (although much slower than last night), I feel so drowsy and my body is still a little tingly. My ears are still burning a bit too.

Could it have been a panic attack (I''ve never had one) or could I have been stung by the bee without noticing?

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

It is possible that you might have suffered a panic attack but I do suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, blood tests (to exclude diabetes and thyroid disease) and to exclude any underlying condition. Usually these conditions have a slow onset but your doctor will have to investigate the matter. Palpitations have to be investigated and your doctor can do an ECG to exclude any electric abnormality of the heart. This could also be a possible cause for your symptoms.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.