Question
Posted by: alta | 2004/01/23

what does late ovulation mean?

I am 24 and not on any contraceptive. I usually have a 30 day cycle, although it varies between 28 and 32. I am now 11 days over my cycle with no indication of menstruation.
A day or 2 ago I had a slippery discharge, is this a sign of me ovulating? Why am I ovulating so late? Is it a sign of trouble? I usually have bad ovulation pains during the month, but this month I had nothing.
I must also mention that my period in December were substantially heavier and 2-3 days longer than usual.

Do I have a reason to worry? I should mention that I am getting married in April and perhaps the stress of it all is the cause? This is not the first time that I have been so very late and about two years ago I had a late period around every two months that also made me wonder about my ovulation.

Thanks!

It is possible that the stress has resulted in your delayed period. I presume that pregnancy is not a possibility. If you have had late periods before, it may be that you are not ovulating regularly. This is more likely than a late ovulation.