Posted by: Tracey | 2009/07/22

What Doc treats this - lumps/boils

Hi Cyberdoc

Hope that you have been well!

I' d like to ask you what doctor my mom should consult. She was the lady that had the hip op and she had a lot of benign lumps in her groin (do do with the inflammation). However, I have this niggle that all is not well. The op was in January and the lumps keep on flaring up (in fact they never disappeared). I understand that they can turn cancerous. She also has Bursitis on the actual cut area which is healed. We have a TENS / EMS machine but the relief is temporary.

Is the Doctor for the lumps called a Lymphologist and could you recommend someone in the Western Cape - Table View area if possible please.

Is there a cure for the Bursitis? A home cure essentially?

She has developed restless legs after the surgery and is on magnesium. I have read up endlessly on it, I just wish I could help her.

Many thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Tracey
She can see a surgeon to just take a biopsy of the lymphnodes to ensure that it is not cancerous but the result of inflammation. Seeing a physiotherapist may help for the bursitis ( bursitis is inflammation in the joint and not on the skin) There are medications that you can use for restless legs syndrome - ask your GP to refer her to a neurologist for this.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.