Question
Posted by: 69 | 2005/11/21

What do you make of this.

On Saturday the ex asked me to help with the kids as they had 2 sepperate Bday parties to go too and we needed to do this in 2 cars cos of timing, At round 5h00 after a very busy day and all of us bushed I left her house for mine. At about 7 my little girl calls to say they cant wake my ex, I went over and I couldnt even get her awake. She had not fed them or closed any windows or doors to the house and just gone to sleep.girl 7 boy 6, I cooked for the and put the to bed round 9h00 still no ex, I then went home.
She has not even said thank you.

I agree with ... as to the primary questions that need to be answered. That you couldn't waken her is serious and dangerous neglect of the children, on her part --- is she taking drugs ? and OD ? Drinking herself into a stupor ? Maybe she needs an ultimatum that if she is to be making herself irresponsibly comatose and neglecting the kids, she is not a fit mother and you will apply to the court to have her lose custody and unsupervised access.

8
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/21

These days is getting easier for dads

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/21

Very wise, but make sure that you have witnesses and all your ducks are in a row. The courts are very backward when it comes to giving custody to the fathers. Why, I don't know. But make sure you have all that you need to before you go. Speak to your lawyer and get his advice as to what you will need. Tell him what has happened.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: 69 | 2005/11/21

I have offered to do councelling with her to try and help but she refuses. And she also wont let me take the kids. Ill have to take her to court.

Reply to 69
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/21

69, I have sent you my answer. This is totally unacceptable. I did not realise that the kids were so young. You need to take steps to see that they are not put in this sort of danger again, because she did endanger them, without a doubt. What would have happened if it was not you that came into the unlocked house? No, no, no. You need to do something. She seriously needs counselling or something.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: 69 | 2005/11/21

we have always had fights cos she takes thins for weight loss and I know she also take sleeping tabs.

Reply to 69
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/21

You need to find out why you couldn't awaken her... is she taking drugs perhaps? is she extremely depressed?... whatever the situation is, you have to know what's going on so that you can make sure that the kids aren't just left to their own devices regularly......... things might have been fine this time..... but maybe next time you aren't available......

Reply to ...
Posted by: 69 | 2005/11/21

What would have happened if it was me they couldnt wake would never have heard the end of it.

Reply to 69
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/21

She has issues, and yer kids are so young!!?
maybe you should not leave it there....
Or at least see if this is a reaccuring thingy....

If it is....You cant leave it there.....

Reply to Delene