Question
Posted by: Snake | 2005/11/22

What do you do if...

...you don't get along with your boyfriend's best friend. What do you do if you can't completely understand why he's friends with this guy in the first place, as they don't have the same values etc. And what do you do if you feel nervous every time they spend time together because you know this guy influences your boyfriend in a negative way...
I know I can't tell my boyfriend what to do, but this is getting a bigger issue for me by the day...
Thanks.

,,,,,

4
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/22

I doubt whether there is much you can do other than express your concerns to your b/f... you have to trust that your b/f won't be mislead or influenced... and if he does... the issue isn't the friend, but rather... it's your b/f's problem.....
friendships develop for many reasons and sometimes the strangest of people from different backgrounds and with different values do make friends and have bonds that are not even understood by themselves.... so asking him to break that isn't really a good idea....... but perhaps pointing out the ways the friend influences him negatively could be helpful to your b/f... he might not always be aware of it.....

Reply to ...
Posted by: Snake | 2005/11/22

BRILLIANT IDEA!!! Hahahaha! Not sure if this is going to work though.. the thing is I really dislike this guy... He's SO not my type.. I think I'll find it very hard to pretend I'm interested in him!!! That's so funny I can just imagine their reactions...

Wish it could be that easy.

Reply to Snake
Posted by: Jay | 2005/11/22

I had this problem once, and i sorted it out in not such a nice way, but indeed it worked.
Instead of disliking this man, start telling your boyfriend how nice he is and start showing interest in him.
Thats what i did and before i knew it, the friend started dissappearing from the scene.

Reply to Jay
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/22

Hello!

MY porra has this friend who's always starts hanging around at the bottlestore at an hour or so before closing and then can't seem to finish his last drink so MY porra can close at 8. I've been there this guy's so pissed that he can't even stand still so we can put the alarm on!

The more I bitch and shout the less it helped and the more "moedswillig" MY porra got so I now just live with it....and the nights I know brian is there and MY porra comes home early Im extra nice with him.

Unfortunately these guy's have been in their lives before us and they REFUSE to let them go...accept it dear that's all you can do.

Just to add this guy's values are also discusting and I can't understand it either...dis maar die lewe jong.

Sterkte

Reply to CP Mom