Posted by: Maria | 2008/08/07

What do you do...

... on those days when life closes in on you and you look for the pause button only to realise there isn' t one... When you' re sitting at your desk in tears, hoping nobody will talk to you as you just can' t handle it right now... When you' re so fed up at trying to prioritise multiple tasks (mostly non-work) and they' re all important... and you still have to appear awake and intelligent in some inane meeting about stuff you couldn' t care less about. I know that this too shall pass, and please don' t tell me to give it to God because unless he can go shopping for birthday presents, or take my hair to be cut it' s not going to help.

Thanks for reading my rant. Better get on with it...

Wouldn't life be interesting if it was like a giant PVR --- with pause, replay, and erase butons ? Ooh the time one is requied to waste in meetings either about nothing or so structured as to be incapable of achieving anything. If God DID go shopping for presents --- what do you think He would buy on your behalf ?

Posted by: Maria | 2008/08/07

Thanks Lin. :) I walked to the shops to get those pressies and it calmed me down.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Lin | 2008/08/07

I take a 5 minute breather and just close my eyes and try to think of nothing. Then I' ll try to think of 5 things I' m thankful for. And then... I get someone who likes shopping to buy that present. And get hubby to do the washing up, ect. Or get a girlfriend to go birthday shopping with me and enjoy a quick cup of coffee with her in order to unwind.

Hope you feel better soon!

Reply to Lin