Posted by: **** | 2008/06/30

What do you do?

What do you do when you love your parents so damn much, but you just seem to fight all the time, all of a sudden and nothing you say or do is right. They feel the same, that nothing they do or say is right.

You don't mention your age, or theirs. YOu can say to them, clearly and pleasantly, that you do love thwm both, but are distressed at their conflict and fighting, and ask them to consider going for marriage counselling to see if they can't sort this out better

Posted by: John | 2008/06/30

Disagreements are healthy so it is useful to learn how to do this in a healthy way that does not destroy the relationship in the process. Sometimes an escalation of conflict - severity or frequency or both - points to an underlying issue that is not being resolved. I would suggest a good family counsellor and I am sure that you will find this to be beneficial, particularly as you open with a declaration of love. Its a fine, fine start....

Reply to John