Posted by: Why Me | 2004/10/18

What do we stand to loose

I am in the divorce process but my husband is still forcing himself on me and he would say to me WHAT DO WE STAND TO LOOSE, we arte getting divorced anyway, he does not want to move out, and we still share a bed, cause there is no other way, either I move or he does. I know this is rape, I do not want to involve the police cause I want this process to be as peacefull as possible,

How do I make him to REALLY understand that I do not want to have sex with him any more, ther are no felling involved from my side anyway, but still he will we loose nothing if we do it.

How do I appraoch this. I am worried that he might say to the judge that we are still sleeping together and they might not grant me the divorce, yet I wont have any case of rape open against him as I say I do not want to involve the police I just want OUT of this abusive marriage


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Well, marital rape is recognized in law, but that's only useful if you choose to involve the police and the law. Why not call POWA which advises abused women ( check in your local phone book ) and get their good advice. When he asks "what do we have to lose", he's thinking that HE has nothing to lose ; though you do have something to lose.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Art | 2004/10/18

WM there is no easy way or if your soon to ex husband has signed the agreement ask him to leave what so the arrangement who leaves the house, do not stay so he can use you he will even play his cards after the divorce sleep on a couch ask him to leave but do not just accept it if he touches you tell him you will have him charged for rape go to the police to show him you are not joking you can always with draw the charge but scare the crap out of him there is no friendly split up the anger and resentment will come and the feeling that he has used you to satisfy his needs will also rose in you to become an issue there is no for old times sake do not allow it is simple if you give in you condone what he is doing take a stand and mean no do not just say no

Reply to Art

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.