Question
Posted by: Concerned Girlfriend | 2007/03/09

What do these overdose symptoms mean?

My boyfirend attempted to kill himself by overdosing on 10 (5 stilpayns and 5 panados) painkillers and 10 pressure tablets he found around the house that are not his. He did this 2 days ago and i have finally convinced him to see a docter today. His symptoms include, vomiting blood, urinating blood and severe stomach cramps, a constant headache and body pain. The interval between cramps is now an hour and he has since stopped vomiting and urinating. I suspect this is because he has not consumed liquids or solids for 2 days now.

He attempted drinking water but it resulted in terrible stomach pain. I know that such an over dose has an impact on the stomach, liver and kidneys. Please tell me more. I am very concerned for he feels his body is slowly shutting down. What do these symptoms mean and how can he get better?? What can I do to help?

Dear concerned Girlfriend
You can just do one thing - get him to a doctor - these tablets can cause slow liver failure. He will have to get treatment per drip.
He also needs to see a psychologist /psychiatrist.