Question

What Do I Do???

1.5 months ago, I ended my relationship with my emotionally &  verbally abusive Ex. Late last month he eventually came to collect his belongings from my house. We talked and agreed that we were over and wished each other well etc. Since then, he sends me messages with symbols and vague questions or even pictures he has of me. I''ve tried ignoring him or asking instead if he''s ok, only to get silence or that he''s hung over from a party etc. I ignored last night''s symbol message and this morning got another. I got angry and sent him a message telling him that unless he has something worth saying he should not bother me. Was I wrong in getting upset? How do I make him understand that he needs to stop so we can both move on with our lives?

Of course you were not wrong - whatever his potivations for these messages, they would e annoying to anyone in your situation, and are a way to keep his foot in the door and try to keep the relationship open and prevent closure.
Maybe he needs a lawyer's letter reminding him that you hoped the relationship had ended peacefully, calmly and permanently, but that if these contacts and messages continue, you will have to consider getting a Restraining Order from court, to stop them.

2
Posted by: Peter | 2012/04/12

Why not get a new cell number and dump the old one? Don''t give him the new number.

Reply to Peter