Question
Posted by: Ms L | 2005/06/23

What do I do!!

I have realised that a colleague and friend of mine doesnt wear undies. The problem is she sometimes doesnt sit like a lady ( i mean legs crossed) and she forgets that she is not wearing anything underneath. Now we went for a meeting in another company early this morning and she was driving. As she got out of the car guess what, people who were around saw it all, and I realised that Madame did it again. How can I tell her to atleast stop this no underwear nonsense especialy at work without sounding rude and like I am interfering??

I don't think it needs to sound rude or interfering if you politely say to her --- we've all noticed that you don't wear underware, and this embarrasses some people, especially when, like when we went for that meeting, other people obviously noticed too. Could you please start wearing underwear ? Probably best, though, to discuss this with her boss, so he can intervene, or with HR --- it's a perfectly reasonable thing for a business to expect of any employee. Her excuse doesn't make sense, as liners could be practical, and if she does have a discharge, she needs to see her doctor to help find a way to clear it up.

10
Posted by: dec | 2005/06/23

good girl...i think you took a right dicsision..stick to it...

Reply to dec
Posted by: Ms L | 2005/06/23

But Lady Nina I know this has nothing to do with me, whether one wear undies or not. But imagine going on to a business trip and something like what happened this morning happens just like that. Its embarrasing. Its not the first time. And she has done the same thing, but I never said anything as it was not in a public place.

But this morning was just a shock!! Anyway we once spoke about it and she told me that the reason why she doesnt wear undies is because she suffers from discharge and she realised its better if she doesnt put on panties, and goes to the ladies and wipe herself, rather have the discharge on her panties, and panty liners are a no no for her. Its none of my business I know she has every right to do so. But imagine how other people think when they see that... especially business people. We are in an environment where we consult with clients often. Its really unacceptable to a certain extent. Thanks for all the replies anyway, I guess I'll just mind my own!!

Reply to Ms L
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/06/23

you can say she is bringing the company into disrepute by not dressing professionally?

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Powerpuff | 2005/06/23

isn't there something in your dress code in your contract?

Reply to Powerpuff
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/06/23

hi there

i really don't see how this has anyhting to do with you....

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/06/23

Let it be. Do you have proof for your allegations?

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: .... | 2005/06/23

Speak to your HR department to reprimand her about her silly behaviour.

Otherwise, tomorrow morning, leave a pair of your old knickers and bra on her desk before she comes in. Maybe she'll get the message.

Reply to ....
Posted by: Lola | 2005/06/23

I agree, its not really your place to tell her to wear underwear when she obviously doesn't want to.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: not using my usual nic | 2005/06/23

Go to your boss and tell him/her to talk to her as the company's image is being tarnished.

Reply to not using my usual nic
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/06/23

Ms L, she's your colleague, not your subordinate. It's not for you to tell her, but for her to have the self-respect and not to do it. Why don't you sit back and enjoy other people's reaction to this fiasco?

Reply to Buzz