Question
Posted by: paulbad | 2007/05/20

What do do...

Hi Doc. I have a wierd situation at home. I have a Girlfriend of 5years. We broke up last year from February till June. we broke up because she was unsure and "confused" and did not know If I was the man for her. We then got back together last year June,,, and all was FINE. No Problems... approximately 2 weeks ago , she told me she doesnt feel the same way anymore. she doesnt feel like I am the one with who she wants to be for the rest of her life. She is divorced , and I helped her raise het daughter who is now six years old , and knows only me as her father. My Girlfriend now wants to move out , to be on her own ... the same as last year. What am I to do... My head says let her go and move on with my life.. but my heart says I should have faith and wait for her.. because she hasnt yet made up her mind,,,,,I do love her , and she says she will be lost without me....

She sounds awfully fickle, and thinking of her own immediate feelings, rather than the best interests of the child. You seem to be assuming the truth of contradictory messages from her --- she wants to move out and be on her own, but "she says she will be lost without me" ? BOTh those statements from her cannot be true. You have waited for her before, and she changed her mind --- then changed it again. How can you assume that even if she changes her mind yet again and wants to come back, she wont change it yet again ? Suggest that she see a good local counsellor to sort out her highly ambivalent and confused ideas about relationships. What's the point in waiting for a yo-yo ?

2
Posted by: paulbad | 2007/05/22

Yes Doc. I agree Fully with what you say. I even asked her to see a counselor , and she got angry and denied that she needs one. To answer the other post..from Joy . I allready proposed to her , and even ordered a Diamond, she Picked the Ring on her own.....she wanted to get marroed last year.. but then stopped and said she doesnt... I have commited to her 5 years ago allready...

Reply to paulbad
Posted by: Joy | 2007/05/21

She wants a ring you idiot!!! Its been 5years!!!! What are you waiting for?? You've even raised her baby with her..She's looking for a serious commitment from you to reassure her that you actually want this for the long run!

Reply to Joy