Question
Posted by: shaz | 2007/03/14

what could be wrong

Hi all

My lab pup now 7 months - last night came limping in , but not really limping you know , she could not find a way to sit or lay, and was breathing really hard, you could see she was in pain, but she was not crying or anything , she could climb on the couch and lay by me, we felt to see if we could feel anything broken or if she would cry when we touched a certain part, but nothing - this started about 20hoo , we watched her through the night, she slept okay it seems, but she was definetly in real pain. This morning she seemed her usual self , ate, played etc...
What could this have been????? Do I need to worry???

Young dogs can have intermittent discomfort in the limbs that can be exacerbated by exercise. It may not be necessary to treat her but if it recurs please have her examined by your vet. Large breed pups should not be over exercised as it can affect their joints.