Question
Posted by: Kez | 2007/04/20

What contraception to use?

My body seems to be very sensitive to any kind of hormone. Therefore i had a mirena inserted, this October will be 2 years. I am now going to take it out. I bled for the first year, now i am experiencing heavy discharge and i think my body is trying to expel the device. I have to wear a tampax everyday now. My gynae said it could be from the scar tissue i have from my previous gynae who inserted the mirena and now he wants to laser off my layer of my cervix, and i am NOT going to do that. I do believe that my body is trying to expel the 'foreign body'. I just dont know which pill would be best for me(i also have vericous veins). I am 30 years old. I tried triphasil years ago, and had syptoms of being pregnant, nordet made me retain water, yasmine made me nauseous 24 hours a day, until i stopped taking it. I did take Mercilon and seemed to be fine. Is this suitable for me? or what about Diane-35? I would really appreciate your suggestions. thanks Kez

If you had no side effects from Mercilon, then try it again.
I am sure that your doctor has a reason for lasering the cervix. Perhaps you have an erosion. Check on this before you decide not to have treatment. It could be important.

1
Posted by: niri | 2007/04/22

hi there!
i have been on melodene for 3 years now and just seem to be fine. my gynae recommended it to me. i think diane is a very strong pill and suggest u talk to ur gynae about it.

Reply to niri