Question
Posted by: ??? | 2004/01/19

What causes vaginitis?

I have been suffering from vaginitis for the past 2 years and it is a very irritating and embarassing disease.I would like to know from anyone what causes it and could it lead to something more serious like cancer?What are the ways i can control it and reduce the number of occurences coz i get it after about 4-6 months.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Vaginitis just means infection of the vagina. There are many possible causes for this. The easiest way to find out the cause in your case, is to ask your doctor to take a swab and send it to the laboratory.

1
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/20

Just a few tips I was told by a maternity ward nurse.

Try to shower and not bath. If you have to bath put epsom salts in your bath. Never use bubble bath, bath oil or bath salts.
Use white soap and toilet paper no colourants as this makes it worse. Dont use Protex soap or the likes. It kills bacteria but cannot differentiate between good and bad bacteria.

Reply to Belle