Question
Posted by: Dee | 2008/07/15

What causes that you don't ovulate

Dear Doc

I would just like to know what causes the fact that make you not to ovulate, besides PCOS. Before I went on the pill I was so regular and I ovulated, it did not concern me then as I was not trying to concieve. However, after leaving the pill in Oct last year, I never got a period since and I went for blood test (fsh, lsh and others) and the doc says I don't ovulate and if I want to he can give me provera and clomid? I was fine before going on the pill, could it be the pill than causes me not to ovulate on my own?

thanks

The Pill would not cause you not to ovulate after you have stopped. There are many possible causes, including changes in weight, ovarian cysts, thyroid problems, premature menopause.