Question
Posted by: Mon | 2007/04/16

What causes such pungent flatulents?

I suffer from extremely pungent flatulents. I know this is not normal. Could it be a wheat intolerance? I have quite a large stomach. I wonder if the two symptoms could be related. Please help me as my husband complains continuously about how smelly I am.

Dear Mon
Yes it can be due to wheat intolerance or due to slow bowel movement. Try taking probiotics three times a day, Pankreoflat, using Fybogel orange at night to help your bowel empty more regularly. Try changing to rye bread for a week instead of normal bread and see if it makes a difference? Eat a diet of high soluble fibre, fruits and vegetables and drink at least 1.5 l of water per day. Avoid beans, onions, broccoli, brusselsprouts and cabbage.